Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.......

First let me start by saying this is far from my happiest post. Unfortunately I haven't known really what to say for the past eight months. Life has went on, but it seems like a blur. My world has been turned upside down. Six months ago I was under the impression that I was in a happy marriage and we had been actively trying for over a year to add to our family. Since then, Jimmy has decided to quit our family and himself as far as I'm concerned. I don't really want to share all the details, but just imagine a Jerry Springer type Soap Opera and that would pretty much sum it up. There has been several events in my boys lives such as Brayden's Pre-K graduation, his T.O.T performance, Tball, Safety Town, Bryson's birthday, and so much more. I know I could have posted about these events, but it just felt like the shadow of this nasty divorce darkened the mood of what was supposed to be joyous occasions. I know I am a stronger person today than I was six months ago, but it's still a world away from where I know I need to be. My two baby boys are still very much heartbroken and confused, as am I. I wish with every fiber in my being that I could take that pain away from them. I'm not sure where we will be a year from now. Actually, I'm not sure where we will be three months from now. All I do know is that I appreciate all the kind words, love, support, and prayers that our family and friends have shown to my boys and I during this extremely difficult and trying time. I'm not quite sure how to do this journey of life being single, but I know God will be there for me every step of the way. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautifully written! I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. I can't imagine what you are going through but think you are doing amazingly well! You are a great Momma!

Paula said...

You and your sweet boys are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will have dark days/moments, but just try to stay forcused on the positive when you can;-) You will get through this...BIG HUG.