Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Beginnings.....Pre-K and Preschool






Thursday night we had clothes laid out, back packs loaded, and everything ready to go for the morning.........except for my heart. Friday was the boys first day of school. Brayden started Pre-K and Bryson started preschool for the first time. Even though they both only go part time (M/W/F), it is still a big deal to let them go after having the whole summer with them at home. Brayden woke up excited to go see his friends and meet his new teacher. Bryson was a sleepy head (just like his mommy) and I basically got him dressed while he was still asleep, lol. When we got to the school they were so excited to put on their new backpacks and get their day started. I, on the other hand, was trying to hide my broken heart. We took Bryson to his class first. He was great until he saw the other two year olds crying for their mommys, and of course my baby won't be left out of anything. The pacifier came to the rescue, lol. I was able to leave once I saw him happy and playing. Brayden gave him a hug and said "love you bubba", it melted me. Brayden loved his class and his new teacher, Miss Nicole. We really like this preschool. Don't get me wrong, I miss Brayden's old school terribly, but I feel we have chosen the right school here. Once I told Brayden bye, I walked to my car as fast as I could. I barely got the door open before the tears were falling. I had both the boys in their classes by 8:10 and I was still in my car sobbing in the parking lot at 8:55. It was the hardest thing for me to leave. I actually called the office and had them check on Bryson before I left. They said he was "perfect". I decided to spend my first "kiddo free" day having a great session of retail therapy. I was able to get Brayden's birthday gifts, party favors, and all invites completed and mailed. I was so happy to go pick them up. They both had a wonderful day. Once I was able to leave the parking lot that morning, I realized I had a wonderful day too. It's so hard to watch our babies grow up.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Yes it is! Cute pics and I'll let you know my story tomorrow!